Fire Services called to house fire in North Louth last night
Fire services were called to a house fire at Grange in North Louth last night.
According to LMFM news, rescue services treated a man for smoke inhalation following the fire.
Fire services from both Dundalk and Carlingford were required to respond to the blaze, after the alarm was raised, at around 10:30 on Wednesday night at Rath Abbey.
While the details of the event and the cause of the fire are not yet fully known, fire services believe they may know what contributed to the cause.
As reported by LMFM, it is believed the fire was caused by a large kitchen appliance.
It is thought that the man who was treated by the rescue services, managed to pull the kitchen appliance out of the house.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.