Not everyone is a culinary magician, so we at the Democrat have put together a simple 'How To' pancake making guide:
- You sieve (that's the instrument that has all the wee holes in it, so it is) flour and salt into a bowl, so you do.
- Make a 'Well Aur' in the centre of the (me auld) flour, break in the egg (mad yoke) and add about a turd of the milk...
- Pour batter (- ya, so I will) into a jug and allow to stand for about turty minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan (a wha? Fancy Dan, so you are) or frying pan with oil...
- Fry until golden brown (burnt looking)...
- Stack pancakes on a large plate (before the childer grab them), as they are cooked.
- A choice of toppings can be used. *In Dundalk butter and sugar can only ever be used.*
Failing that, pop down to the shop and buy the ready made ones kiad.
Happy Pancake Tuesday.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.