Dundalk fire service personnel were called out to investigate a suspected gas leak just off the Ramparts in town this morning.
A strong smell of gas was reported at approximately 9.30am in the area of the County Library on Roden Place.
It is believed some staff were temporarily evacuated as a precaution.
The Fire Service subsequently made their way around towards the construction site at the Marshes to continue their investigation.
MORE TO FOLLOW.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.