Forever a divisive character - Jose Mourinho has been around the block.
1. Name the RTÉ Sports Personality of the Year?
2. Who succeeded Noel King as Republic of Ireland U21 manager?
3. How many players as there on a field hockey team?
4. Who won the Leinster senior club football championship?
5. Brooks Koepka won how many major golf championships in 2018?
6. What sport is Croatian Marin Cilic associated with?
7. Who finished second in last season’s English Premier League?
8. Where was the 2018 Ryder Cup held?
9. What American heavyweight defended his world boxing title against Tyson Fury in October?
10. In what county would you find Joule Park?
11. Who is the reigning PDC world darts champion?
12. From what country is Irish rugby international Bundee Aki originally from?
13. Name the English test cricket team captain.
14. Sebastian Vettel drives for which F1 team?
15. Where was the 2018 Louth Intermediate Football Championship final played?
16. Who played in this year’s Irish Daily Mail FAI Cup final?
17. Tiger Roll won the 2018 English Grand National. Name the victorious jockey.
18. In which Spanish city did Leinster win rugby’s European Champions’ Cup title in May?
19. Who won the most recent Mosconi Cup (pool); Europe or America?
20. Name Ireland’s newest world amateur boxing champion?
21. Baseball: who won this year’s world series?
22. Name the reigning champions of Ligue 1 (French football top-flight).
23. Which of the local NEFL soccer clubs hold the Tully Cup?
24. Italian rugby head coach Conor O’Shea’s father, Jerome, won two All-Ireland football medals with which county?
25. Name the only tennis major played on clay.
26. What nationality is darts player Peter Wright?
27. Who won the LGFA All-Ireland intermediate championship?
28. How many Scottish league titles have Celtic won in a row?
29. Name the Dublin hurling manager?
30. Former snooker world champion Neil Robertson is from what country?
31. In what county is Leopardstown race course?
32. How many major championships has golfer Tiger Woods won?
33. Rugby League has how many starting players; 11, 13 or 15?
34. Mark McAuley represents Ireland in what sport?
35. Which international cricket team are known as ‘the Windies’?
36. Dundalk FC were knocked out of the UEFA Europa League qualifiers by AEK Larnaca in August. What was the aggregate scoreline?
37. Name the DkIT GAA team manager.
38. Who are the All-Ireland camogie champions?
39. True or false, Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo won the 2018 Ballon D’or?
40. Name the last Irishman to win a major golf title?
41. Munster head coach Johann van Graan succeeded which of his compatriots in charge at Thomand Park?
42. Which Limerick hurler won the Man of the Match award following September’s All-Ireland final victory over Galway at Croke Park?
43. What sport does American Tom Brady play?
44. Who trained General Principle to Irish Grand National success this year?
45. Jose Mourinho has managed clubs from how many European countries?
46. The BDO World Darts Championship is held at which English venue?
47. Cork defeated who to win this year’s Munster Hurling Championship?
48. Kevin Sinfield played internationally for England in what sport?
49. Name the Airtricity League side who play their home games at Richmond Park.
50. Ukrainian Aleksandr Usyk defended his world cruiserweight boxing title against who in November?
51. Pool player Joshua Filler comes from what European country?
52. Netherlands international footballer Virgil Van Dijk signed for Liverpool from Southampton last January. Who sold him to The Saints?
53. Louth junior champions Dundalk Young Irelands have won how many matches consecutively: 15, 17 or 20?
54. True or false. Scotland have never won the Six Nations rugby title?
55. What golf course hosted this year’s Irish Open?
56. Who are the reigning Superbowl (American Football) champions?
57. Who won the 2013 Louth Senior Football Championship title?
58. Name the runners-up in the 2013 Louth Senior Football Championship final.
59. What’s the nickname of snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan?
60. Ken McGrath, Paul Flynn and Seamus Prendergast hurled for which county?
61. Name the winner of this year’s Tour de France?
62. Thomas Barr won the 400m title in what event at the European Athletics Championships in July?
63. Swimmer Mona McSharry comes from what county?
64. Former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini holds the reins of which nation?
65. Who captains the Irish women’s hockey team?
66. Golf’s Race to Dubai was won by who in 2018?
67. To which former Scotland rugby coach did Joe Schmidt assist at French side Clermont Auvergne before joining Leinster in 2009?
68. Which local soccer club play their home games at Sandy Lane?
69. How many Champions League titles has Pep Guardiola won as a manager?
70. Who entered RTÉ Sport’s Hall of Fame recently?
71. John Parrott defeated who to win the 1991 Snooker World Championship?
72. Louth ladies football team captain Kate Flood hails from which club?
73. Name the 2018 Australian Open (tennis) women’s singles champion.
74. What do Louth GAA club managers Ollie McDonnell, Colin Kelly and Cathal O’Hanlon hold in common?
75. Which Irish boxer defeated Mexico’s Freddy Hernandez in October to extend his unbeaten professional record to 15-0.
76. In what country were this year’s World Tug-of-War Championships held?
77. Name the winner of the 2018 Epsom derby.
78. Who are the Offaly senior football champions?
79. James Stephens play club hurling in what county?
80. What club does Mayo legend Cora Staunton represent?
81. With what sport would you associate the late commentator Bill McClaren?
82. Name the two clubs relegated from this season’s League of Ireland Premier Division.
83. Which American is the most successful IAAF women’s athlete of all-time?
84. How many Italians have managed English Premier League side Chelsea since Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari took charge in 2008?
85. Greyhound Blastoff Jet was the winner of which Irish group one final in early November?
86. Darts legend Raymond van Barneveld has won the world PDC title how many times?
87. Who defeated Sweden in the last eight of last summer’s football World Cup in Russia?
88. Name the winners of the Louth ladies’ Senior Football Championship?
89. How many Welsh clubs play in the English Football League?
90. Who drew with Kerry in this year’s Super 8s?
91. Name the Camogie Association/WGPA Senior Players’ Player of the Year 2018?
92. Bill Belichick coaches which American Football side?
93. Name the manager of Leeds United.
94. F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo hails from which country?
95. In which position does golfer Justin Rose sit in the world rankings; first, second or fourth?
96. Who are the Ulster club football champions?
97. Liam Sheedy succeeded who as Tipperary hurling manager?
98. What tennis venue is also known as ‘SW19’?
99. Former Ireland and Liverpool defender Steve Finnan is a native of which Munster county?
100. What Louth GAA club play their games at Páirc Uí Taibh?
1. Johnny Sexton; 2. Stephen Kenny; 3. Twelve; 4. St. Columba’s, Mullinalaghta; 5. Two, US Open & PGA Championship; 6. Tennis; 7. Manchester United; 8. Le Golf National, France; 9. Deontay Wilder; 10. Aughrim, Wicklow; 11. Rob Cross; 12. New Zealand; 13. Joe Root; 14. Ferrari; 15. The Grove, Castlebellingham; 16. Dundalk FC vs Cork City; 17. Davy Russell; 18. Bilbao; 19. America; 20. Kellie Harrington; 21. Boston Red Sox; 22. Paris St. Germain; 23. Muirhevna Mor; 24. Kerry; 25. French Open; 26. Scottish; 27. Tyrone; 28. Seven; 29. Mattie Kenny; 30. Australia; 31. Dublin; 32. Fourteen; 33. Thirteen; 34. Showjumping; 35. West Indies; 36. 4-0; 37. Oisín McConville; 38. Cork; 39. False, Croatian Luka Modric was the winner; 40. Rory McIlroy, 2014 PGA Championship; 41. Rassie Erasmus; 42. Kyle Hayes; 43. American Football; 44. Gordon Elliott; 45. Four - Portugal, Spain, England & Italy; 46. Lakeside Leisure Complex; 48. Rugby League; 49. St. Patrick’s Athletic; 50. Tony Bellew; 51. Germany; 52. Celtic; 53. Twenty; 54. True; 55. Ballyliffin Golf Club, Co. Donegal; 56. Philadelphia Eagles; 57. Newtown Blues; 58. Cooley Kickhams; 59. The Rocket; 60. Waterford; 61. Geraint Thomas; 62. Hurdles; 63. Sligo; 64. Italy; 65. Katie Mullan; 66. Francesco Molinari; 67. Vern Cotter; 68. Rock Celtic; 69. Two (2009 & 2011); 70. Ray Houghton; 71. Jimmy White; 72. St. Patrick’s; 73. Caroline Wozniacki; 74. They all played as forwards on the Louth senior team; 75. Jason Quigley; 76. South Africa; 77. Masar, ridden by William Buick; 78: Rhode; 79. Kilkenny; 80. Carnacon; 81. Rugby Union; 82. Limerick FC & Bray Wanderers; 83. Allyson Felix; 84. Four: Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Di Matteo & Antonio Conte & Maurizio Sarri; 85. Irish St. Leger; 86. Once; four-time winner of the BDO; 87. England; 88. Cooley Kickhams; 89. Two, Swansea City (Championship) and Newport County (League Two); 90. Monaghan; 91. Anne Dalton (Kilkenny); 92. New England Patriots; 93. Marcelo Bielsa; 94. Australia; 95. Second; 96. Gaoth Dobhair; 97. Michael Ryan; 98. Wimbledon; 99. Limerick; 100. Glyde Rangers.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.