Two men accused of murdering Drogheda teenager Keane Mulready-Woods have been given a provisional trial date early next year at the Special Criminal Court.
Paul Crosby (25) of Rathmullan Park, Drogheda, Co Louth, and Gerard Cruise (47), with addresses in Dublin 1 and Rathmullan Park, are charged with the teen's murder at a house in Rathmullan Park on January 12 or 13, 2020.
The trial had been scheduled to commence today (MONDAY) but on April 7 John Byrne SC, for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), told the three-judge court it was inevitable that "further considerable disclosure would have to be made before the trial is in a position to proceed".
Lawyers for both men did not object to the trial being adjourned.
Today (MONDAY) at the non-jury court, presiding judge Mr Justice Tony Hunt told Mr Byrne that he was fixing January 23, 2023 as a provisional date for trial.
Keane Mulready-Woods (17), was last seen alive in Drogheda on January 12, 2020.
The following day, some of the teenager's body parts were found in a sports bag in the Moatview area of Coolock in Dublin.
Two days later, remains were found in a burning car in a laneway in the Drumcondra area of Dublin.
Mr Mulready-Woods' torso was discovered on March 11, 2020, hidden in an overgrown ravine during a search of waste-ground at Rathmullan Park.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.