Search

25/10/2021

Dundalk man warns others after tumble dryer catches fire

Fire Services called

Dundalk man warns others after tumble dryer catches fire

A Dundalk man whose family had a lucky escape when their tumble dryer caught fire in their house, warns others to be wary.

Fire services had to be called to the house at Ath Leathan around 10.30 last night, when the tumble dryer caught fire in the utility room of the house.

Luckily the family got out safely and no one was injured, with the fire being contained in the utility room.

Andrew Gallagher, from Ath Leathan in Dundalk, posted the warning along with a picture of the burnt out tumble dryer, on his Facebook page last night.

Andrew in his post warns others of the dangers of leaving electrical appliances on overnight, saying

'This is our tumble dryer after it caught fire in the house tonight......if we had have been asleep, it was different ball game!!!
Only for our electricity tripped, we wouldn't have had a clue..'

Andrew was very thankful to Dundalk Fire Services for their promptness in responding to the call, saying,

'Thanks to #DundalkFireBrigade, here in minutes and absolutely fantastic'

To continue reading this archived article for FREE,
please just kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.