Seatown lads finding their feet in Summer League

SEATOWN made it two wins on the bounce with an emphatic 7-1 trouncing of Bay United at Hiney Park on Thursday night.

SEATOWN made it two wins on the bounce with an emphatic 7-1 trouncing of Bay United at Hiney Park on Thursday night.

It was Bay who started with the greater purpose, Gavin Lennon bringing a great save from David McKenny just minutes before he beat the keeper with a looping shot from the left to put the visitors ahead.

Seatown got back on terms via the penalty spot, Brendan O’Carroll beating Stephen Murray with 18 minutes played.

Midway through the half, O’Carroll finished off a delightful cross from Stephen Lines to put Seatown 2-1 ahead, a lead they took into the break.

Seven minutes into the second-half, David Asare hit a beauty into the top left hand corner to put the home side 3-1 ahead.

Stephen Murray, the Bay keeper then made a trio of outstanding saves to stem the tide. Just when it seemed Bay had rode out the storm, they were hit by four further strike sin the final 15 minutes.

A superb through ball by Rod McGourty put Michael Ololuo clear and he cooly rounded the keeper to make it 5-1, the bustling striker had earlier stabbed home goal number four after Brendan O’Carroll’s powerful strike came back off the crossbar.

Ololuo completed his hat-trick in the 87th minute just before O’Carroll ended the rout with the completion of his hat-trick with a header from a McGourty cross on the stroke of full-time.

This was a superb show from Brian McGuinness’ charges. They outplayed the Bay in every department of the game and at times their passing was a delight to watch. For the watching mentors of other First Division sides, they will not relish the thoughts of facing Seatown’s young guns.

For Bay, it was a totally forgettable night and hopefully they will put this behind them and continue their steady progress from last season.

The two hat-trick heroes, Ololou and O’Carroll along with McGourty stood out for the victors, Stephen Murray, Anto Sharkey and Gavin Lennon were best for the vanquished United side.

SEATOWN: David McKenny, Rod McGourty, Jim Pat Dwyer, David Asare, Ola Olajubu, Michael Osadebe, Stephen Lines, Stephen Lally, Michael Ololuo, Merkel Ekwuere, Elie Dongo, Brendan O’Carroll, Denys Cholach, Junior Odomosu.

BAY UNITED: Stephen Murray, Kevin Scollan, Jim Maguire, Pat McCabe, Anto Sharkey, Padraig Clarke, Billy Hughes, Paul Minford, Gavin Lennon, Canice Griffin, Paddy Keogh, Jim McKeown, Paul Griffin.

REFEREE: Jim Carroll (Louth Branch).

Ololuo cracker helps Seatown on their way

Seatown.................................................4 Demesne Celtic......................................1

SEATOWN collected their first points of the Summer League season with a fine team performance against a much improved Demesne Celtic at Hiney Park last Monday night.

It was the visitors who opened the scoring after five minutes. Paddy Lyttle’s long ball over the top was pounce don by Brendan McKevitt and he beat the advancing David McKenny to make it 1-0 to Demesne.

Both goalkeepers, Seatown’s McKenny and Demesne’s Lyttle, made some great saves before the home side equalised on the half hour mark, Eimhin Caldwell slotting a low ball home.

The teams turned over with a goal apiece and it took until the 65th minute before Seatown went ahead thanks to a brilliantly struck shot from Michael Ololuo.

The home side went further ahead in the 75th minute when Lyttle gave away a penalty and Stefan Zlokapamakin made no mistake from the spot.

Elie Dongo made it 4-1 five minutes later, rounding the keeper after a splendid interchange of passes. For the last 10 minutes Demesne pushed everyone forward, creating numerous chances but failing to convert any.

Michael Osadebe and Elie Dongo starred for Seatown while Jason Crawley, Ciaran Cullen and Brendan McKevitt stood out for Demesne.