A man appeared before Dundalk district court last week charged in connection with an alleged stabbing incident in the town earlier this year in which a man was seriously injured.
Thirty-one year old Sean Duffy with an address at Aisling Park, Dundalk is accused of assaulting two men causing them harm at Mullharlin Park, Dundalk on the 11th of March last.
The court heard last Thursday that the defendant made no reply when the charges were put to him that morning.
Insp. Martin Beggy told the court the DPP has consented that the accused be sent forward for trial in the Circuit Court or on signed guilty pleas.
The Defence solicitor confirmed that a book of evidence would be required.
After he was told there was no garda objection to bail, Judge Flann Brennan remanded the accused on his own bail of 500 euro until the 21st of February.
As part of his conditions of bail, Sean Duffy must sign on at Dundalk Garda Station every Friday.
He was also told he must have no contact with the alleged injured parties or witnesses in the case either directly or indirectly.