A man and child had a lucky escape after the house they were staying in caught fire last night.
LMFM are reporting that the man and a two-year-old were treated at the scene by paramedics, but did not need to be taken to hospital.
It is understood the alarm was raised just before 11.30 last night at Cluan Enda off St Alphonsus Road in Dundalk.
The fire was brought under control by local fire service personnel and LMFM are reporting that it may have been caused by an electrical fault.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.