Status of road conditions in Louth following Storm Emma
Louth County Council have issued an update on the status of roads in Louth, the work carried out on them yesterday and the work planned for today.
Here are the details in full:
Dundalk Blackrock and Faughart
- The reports back are that these areas are clear
- Crews deployed to Duffy’s cross and Reaghstown area
2 JCBs, tractor with snow plough attached and council pick-up were deployed to the area.
- JCB shifted large amounts of snow drifts from Earls Quater through Glenmor (LP30570) to Long Woman's grave junction, approx 7Km in distance.
- From Long Woman's grave to Corrikitt through to Ardagh school was ploughed to clear snow drifts , approx 4Km in distance.
- New line through Tullabridge heading towards Long Woman's grave, to get to road LP30840 - Moneycrookroe. This section of road was very heavy with snow drifts. The length of this road is approx 3Km.
- Ballygoley junction and on to Benagh (LP30810) . This road was very heavy with snow drifts which left it impassable. Only for the machines we were able to open it again. Road length is approx 5Km
- Roads were then gritted.
- Ploughed and gritted Upper Jenkinstown to Jenkinstown Cross (R174).
- Just to note that all those roads were prioritised due to the usage by localised traffic.
- Bush ploughed and gritted road adjacent to Bush Post Primary, approx 2Km.
- Rogan Cross through to Upper Willville and come out at Boher , back on to the R175 approx 5Km in distance.
Carlingford village and Omeath village was also checked for street and pavement conditions which were satisfactory from previous prep work which had been carried out by the local outdoor staff.
Priority today is to clear footpaths at schools in the town. Below is the list of schools being cleared:-
- Fountain Hill, Trinity Street.
- Sacred Heart, Sunny side
- St Mary's Diocese NS, Bryanstown Cross route
- Special School, Congress avenue
- St Mary's, Beamore road
- Ballsgrove school
- Marley's lane school
The rest of schools were OK on inspection as snow had thawed.
Work completed in Drogheda yesterday
- Avenue 3 Yellowbatter cleared off snow drift restricting traffic flow
- Mathews Lane and cul de Sac to TLT theatre
- Georgian close estate off north road.
- Laurences park and twenties + Moneymore
- Bridge view off termonfeckin road
- Estates' spinal roads and junctions to Dublin road (south side) R132
- Loughbouy estate off trinity Street
- King Street car park
- Bryanstown Cross route + estates off same
- Hospitals-- OLOL to their car park
- R132 footpaths through town + up to Colpe cross shopping centre.
Small plough LCC
West street, Peter Street, Dyer Street, George's Street, Trinity Street, Fair Green, King Street, Marsh Road, South Quay, Barrack Hill, Estates off Old Slane road, Fountain Hill, Fair Green, Riverbank, Riverview, Tesco Extra area
JCB X 2
Rosehall roundabout, Hill view estate, Riverbank, River court, Barrack Hill, Riverview, Slane road's estates off same, Loughbouy estate, Fountain Hill, Trinity Street, Glenmore Drive, Fair Green, Scarlet Crescent, Sandyford Terrace, John Paul Court (OPD), Marion Court (OPD), Maple Drive.
Tractor with loader
Dublin roads estates off same (south of town), Bryanstown Cross route, Meadowview, Balkymakenny road (Morgan's furniture to cross north of same), Brookville junction
Grove Hill, Pitcher Hill steps, Watery Hill steps, Cord road steps.
King Billy's Glen
Hill of Rath.