Search our Archive


20-year-old man working on mushroom factory dies from toxic fumes

NORTH EAST NEWS | He was pronounced dead at the scene


A man in his 20s has died after collapsing on a mushroom farm in County Monaghan.

He reportedly collapsed while working in a grow house yesterday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The gardaí and the Health and Safety Authority are investigating. It is not known what caused his death, but reports suggest he was overcome by toxic fumes.

More to follow.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.