ON Saturday 5th November a Ladies Night, organised by local girl Joanne McCann in aid of the Irish Cancer Society, was held in the Cooley Kickhams complex. It was a fantastic night, a credit to those involved in putting it together - Joanne McCann, Kevin Smyth, Fintan Murtagh, Ann Callan and Pauline Malone.
Joanne came up with the idea in order to raise money for a charity close to her own heart, having lost both parents and an aunt to cancer.
Upon arrival at the show all the ladies were presented with a glass of prosecco and a Goody Bag containing various beauty products and treats. Thanks to everyone who sponsored items for the Goody Bags.
The night was presented by Caroline McElroy, a local TV presenter & stylist. It began with a make-up demonstration by local make-up artist Nicole Malone who amazed the crowd with her brilliant make-up tips. Then Linda Stewart from Mizu Dundalk showcased an array of hair styles and tips to get all of us through the coming party season.
There was an outstanding array of fashion on the night both from boutiques and two menswear shops. The stunning female models modelled for Dundalk boutiques, Sheba, Elmay, Ozone, Gerard's and Bourbon, and Carlingford boutiques KAJO, Lush, McArdles & Unique. The handsome male models were suited and booted by FJ Murphy menswear Dundalk & Carlingford, and new Dundalk store Lawless clothing. They got some screams from the crowd of mostly women which was great fun.
There was a lovely mix of entertainment also, local dance group Dance-a-licious headed by Lisa McKenna took to the stage with a hip hop remix, followed by Aoife Traynor from Fiona Harold Irish dance school with a very elegant modern Irish dance. Local comedian Anne Marie Murphy kept the crowd entertained with a very funny stand-up routine. Singers on the night were locals Leah Kirwan and Cian McKeever, soprano Ruth Kelly Brady and former Louth Rose Jenny Hanlon with her singing partner Nicky O’Reilly.
A raffle in aid of the Irish Cancer Society took place at the end of the show. A sincere thanks to everyone who sponsored prizes, and to all who purchased raffle tickets on the night. The prize winners from the raffle were as follows:
1. €100 voucher for Memories – sponsored by Jane Byrne, Memories. Winner Collette Sheelan
2. 1 Night B&B in Castlewood House, Dingle - sponsored by Helen Woods. Winner Sinead Rafferty
3. €100 voucher for McGeoughs – sponsored by O’Connor Roofing Supplies and Stephen O’Connor & Co Insurance Loss Assessors. Winner Bridie Marks
4. €100 voucher for EK Fuels – sponsored by Mark Grills. Winner Frances Hanlon
5. €100 voucher for Ardee School Of Music. Winner Rita Kelly
6. €80 voucher for Novelty Cake – sponsored by Primrose Lane Bakery (Helen McCann). Winner Teresa Keenan
7. €80 voucher for The Bridge 1859 - sponsored by Rob & Dave Kearney. Winner Mary McSherry
8. €80 voucher sponsored by Maisy Clothing. Winner Caroline O'Shaughnessy
9. Voucher for a 4 ball & meal – sponsored by Greenore Golf Club. Winner Seamus Gregory.
10. 2 x Nathan Carter VIP tickets for The Nuremore, 29th Dec – sponsored by John Farry. Winner Sean Marks.
11. Wella Hamper – sponsored by Lisa Corrigan. Winner Brid Keenan
12. Vouchers for Carlingford Arms and Ruby Ellens, sponsored by Sharon McGuigan. Winner Bridie McGeown
13. Beauty Hamper – sponsored by Siobhan Taylor, Village Pharmacy. Winner Patrick Sheelan
14. Painting sponsored by local artist Irene Woods. Winner Ava Brady
15. €50 voucher for Shirley Arms Hotel – sponsored by Angela Malone. Winner Aine Thomson
16. Designer scarf – sponsored by Bernadette McCullagh. Winner Julie McMahon
17. Dundalk jersey signed by Stephen Kenny – sponsored by Dundalk F.C. Winner Mary McGoey
18. Voucher for colour, cut, wash & blowdry – sponsored by Exclusive Hair. Winner Ann Larkin
19. Two passes for Sky Park – sponsored by Tom McArdle, Carlingford Adventure Centre. Winner Carol Sheelan
20. Two bottles of champagne – sponsored by P.J. O’Hares. Winner Ellen Traynor
21. €30 voucher for Riina’s Italian Restaurant, Carlingford – sponsored by Paul Savage plus mini hamper from Ovelle. Winner Mary Clerkin
22. €20 voucher – sponsored by Sarah Grills, Personalised Occasion Signs plus mini hamper from Ovelle. Winner Roisin Finn
23. Voucher for blowdry, make-up and nails plus an €80 voucher for any Carlingford restaurant - sponsored by Majic Hair and Beauty. Winner Linda Boyle
24. €100 voucher sponsored by Mia Mullen. Winner Laura Woods
25. Voucher for Gel Polish sponsored by Sonya Sheelan. Winner Laura Woods
26. Drink hamper sponsored by Audrey Rafferty. Winner Lorraine Clifford
The organisers would like to thank Cooley Kickhams who provided their facilities and also provided helpers on the night, Katie and Bernadette McCann for decorating the hall, and Michael Ferguson who provided the marquee.
Thanks also to the ladies who did the make-up – Alice Connolly from Majic Hair and Beauty, Rachel Barry and Linda Stewart from Mizu. We are grateful to Stranfield who provided two stands and sprays of flowers, and to Derek McGarritty for his help. Finally thanks to our wonderful photographer Collette Sheelan, and to the photographers from the Argus and Democrat.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.