DUNDALK has produced some top musical talent down through the years and now Andrew Rice could be set to join a list of names that includes The Corrs, Liam Reilly and Zoe Conway in cracking the music business in a big way.
The Kilkerley man is part of up and coming boyband The Boulevard who, as well as currently recording their debut album, have recently been confirmed as the main support act for Boyzone on their Irish tour later this month.
The four piece act – made up of Andrew, Castleblayney native Ryan Davis and the UK-based duo of Alistar Jay and Josh Cuthbert – will join Ronan, Mikey, Keith and Shane for their concerts in the o2 in Dublin on March 15, the INEC in Killarney on March 16 and The Royal Theatre in Castlebar on March 17 as part of their ‘Brother’ tour.
This is the second time that The Boulevard have supported Boyzone, having previously done so in the o2 in London two years ago. Speaking to The Dundalk Democrat about their upcoming dates with the band, Andrew said he was really looking forward to them.
“We knew a while ago that we were going to support them again but we just had to confirm with them recently that we were still available to do the dates and then they put the word out about it to the various radio stations and people advertising the shows.
“We’ve supported them before in the o2 in London two years ago and all over Ireland and since then we’ve also done the Childline Concerts with them.
“They wanted us to go with them on their UK tour as well but we’re recording an album at the moment so we could only do a few of the dates but still it’s a great honour.”
The Boulevard have been on the go for just over two years and while the line-up has changed since the beginning, Andrew has been there from the very beginning.
Big things lie ahead for the band and he insists all four members are really excited about the future.
“We’re doing a lot of writing at the moment for the new album and we’ve been heading over and back to London to work on a few of the tracks.
“The tour dates with Boyzone should be really good fun. We’re preparing for it at the moment and it’s good craic.
“We know the lads very well and they’re all really cool and it’s pretty decent of them to have asked us back to support them. It should be really cool,” said Andrew.
Tickets for the various Boyzone gigs nationwide, featuring Andrew and The Boulevard, are still available on www.ticketmaster.ie
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.