WATCH: Louth County Council highlight video showing 'shocking' speed of Christmas tree fire
Louth County Council have highlighted the shocking speed and impact a Christmas tree fire can have, with a video on their Twitter account.
Commenting on the video, Louth County Council advise people to watch the video and take heed of the dangers.
"Excellent video by @LondonFire. Takes less then 60 seconds to watch and could happen in this time in your home. Make sure your Christmas lights are in good working order and are CE marked."
A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 40 seconds. Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition & turn them off before you go to bed. Make sure you have working smoke alarms pic.twitter.com/UxIxC80UtQ— London Fire Brigade (@LondonFire) December 4, 2017