A man accused of a rape over thirty years ago, appeared before Dundalk district court last week.
The 49 year old - who cannot be named due to reporting restrictions, is also charged with indecent assault.
The offences - which relate to a female, are alleged to have occurred at a location in County Louth on a date unknown between June first and August 31st 1982.
Garda Insp. Kevin Daly told the court last Wednesday that the defendant will be standing trial in the Central Criminal Court and applied for an adjournment so a book of evidence could be prepared and served on the accused.
Judge Patrick Clyne put back the case for two weeks.
As part of his bail, the 49 year old must sign on at Dundalk Garda Station once a week.
He was also told he must have no contact directly or indirectly with the complainant in the case. .