A man was arrested on Friday night after allegedly causing a small fire to his room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The hotel was evacuated for a short period following the incident and a fire crew were called to the scene.
“There was a minor incident at the hotel and guests were evacuated for a short period as a precautionary measure,” management told the Democrat.
“The incident was dealt with very quickly by hotel staff and no one was injured in the incident.”
The fire is believed to have been started on the sixth floor and a man has been arrested in relation to it.
While the fire was minor and contained rapidly, a number of parents were left panic stricken as to the well being of their children.
Speaking to the Dundalk Democrat a spokesperson for the Gardaí said that a man had been arrested and charged in relation to the incident.
“A 34-year-old man from Belfast was arrested for Public Order offences relating to an incident at the Crowne Plaza at 11pm on March 7.”
This is the second evacuation in recent times, with a small gas leak at the end of last year causing a similar evacuation.