Last week the Dundalk Democrat revealed how the town could see a repeat of events that took place at ‘Project X Cavan’, but we can now reveal that a significant number of youths attempted to hold the event recently.
Over thirty youths gathered at the Dundalk Rugby Club on the Mill Road last week with a view to holding the “mayhem party”, but now officials at the club fear that over four-hundred people may arrive at the site this Friday for the “12 hour party”.
Tommy Campbell at the Rugby Club told the Democrat “About thirty youths arrived here last week, most of them had bags on their backs so we presume it was alcohol. The Gardai were notified and they came and cleared them. We are totally against this and we are not supporting this. It would be mayhem. Some people at the club have commented on Facebook saying that the event will not talk place and it will not.
“We’ve notified the Gardai and there will be a plan in place, the law will be enforced and anybody hanging around will be moved on. There will be no function on this Friday, so there will be no electricity. We don’t want any confrontation and we don’t want to cause any disturbance in the area, there is houses and families all around the area.”
A spokesperson from the Dundalk Gardai told the Democrat “We are aware of this and we have liaised with the club. The club have indicated that they are totally against this and we will deal with the matter if it arises and we would encourage anybody who see’s anything like this going on to contact us immediately”.